Spread the love
The Stanford Club of Greece is very excited to invite you to our virtual webinar entitled “Covid-19 Vaccines – Safety, Effectiveness, Distribution, and the next phase of the pandemic”.
We have the honor of hosting four distinguished speakers who are experts on the subject and will try to shed light on most of the questions on people´s minds. The speakers will be:
• Emmanouil Dermitzakis, Professor of Genetics at the University of Geneva and Director of the Health 2030 Genome Center
• George Pavlakis, Senior Investigator and Head of Human Retrovirus Section at the US National Cancer Institute
• Achilleas Gravanis, Professor of Pharmacology at the University of Crete and Reseacher, IMBB-FORTH
• Ioannis Kontoyiannis, Churchill Professor of Mathematics at the University of Cambridge
Some of the topics and questions we are aiming to address during the event are:
• What are the different available vaccines and how do they differ?
• Are they safe? Will mRNA vaccines alter our DNA? (hint: no, they will not)
• How will the population be vaccinated? How will the vaccination be organized?
• How can the state ensure the vaccination project is successful? How can each of us help?
• What should we expect pandemic-wise in 2021 before, during and after the vaccination takes place?
The event will take place on December 15th at 19:00-20:30 EEST through Zoom. Our member Vasilis Vassalos (Stanford CS Ph.D., 2000), Professor and Director of the MSc in Data Science at Athens University of Economics and Business, has agreed to moderate the event.
Our goal is to hold a 1,5 hour Zoom session with our distinguished speakers, with the opportunity towards the end for the audience to ask written questions.
To register for the event click the following link:
Spread the love